Body Lift Surgery India
Body Lift is a surgical procedure where the loose and hanging skin of the entire body is tightened and implants are inserted, all in one procedure. Body Lift basically reshapes the breasts, chest, arms, thighs, hips, back, waist, abdomen & knees after losing weight, aging and multiple pregnancies.
What are the types of Body Lift?
Body Lift can be:
- Central Body Lift – This procedure is also called Belt Lipectomy. In Central Body Lift, excess skin and fatty tissue is removed circumferentially from the belly, hips, back, buttocks, and outer thighs.
- Lower Body Lift – Lower Body Lift is performed to shape buttocks and thighs by removing excess skin and fat from these areas.
- Body Lift can be combined with other Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery procedures like Liposuction, Power Assisted Liposculpture (PAL), Tummy Tuck, Thigh Lift, Arm Lift, Breast Reduction, Breast Augmentation, and Breast Lift. Skin Grafting may also be performed in places of the body where needed. These procedures not only remove excess skin and fat, they also improve the unsightly stretch marks and create an uplifted, shapely, youthful and fuller appearance.
Who is an ideal candidate for Body Lift?
If you have lost large amounts of weight (50 – 300 lbs.) and have loose, hanging skin on your face, breasts, back, belly and thighs, or if you want to lose weight (especially if you suffer from central obesity) that is resistant to diet and exercise, if you have folds of loose, hanging skin due to aging or multiple pregnancies that might pose a danger of cellulitis or abscess, then you are an ideal candidate for Body Lift. This procedure can either be performed in isolation or in combination with other body contouring and weight loss procedures like Liposuction, Tummy Tuck etc.
Who is not an ideal candidate for Body Lift?
If you are severely obese, are a smoker or an alcoholic or do not have a stable mental state to undergo a major surgical procedure and follow post-operative instructions to obtain optimum benefit or if you are allergic to the medication used for general anesthesia, then you are not an ideal candidate for Body Lift.
How do I prepare for Body Lift operation?
Your surgeon and anesthetist will obtain a thorough medical history and perform a medical examination to assess your health status. It is a good idea to lose as much weight as possible to optimally benefit from Body Lift procedure. Routine laboratory tests of blood and urine will be performed and an Electrocardiogram will be recorded to ensure your suitability for anesthesia. Make sure you inform your surgeon about all the prescription and non-prescription medications (including vitamin, mineral and herbal supplements) that you take. On your pre-operative visit just before the Body Lift surgery, your surgeon will take some photographs for comparison with after surgery photos (which will be taken after Body Lift surgery) and also make markings on your body that would guide your surgeon as to which tissues of your body need to be worked on.
What does the procedure for Body Lift involve?
Body Lift is performed in a hospital setting under general anesthesia and can take about 5 – 7 or may be 10 hours depending on what other cosmetic surgery procedures are performed along with it. The Body Lift surgery is usually performed to remove excess skin from the belly first i.e. from the area between the belly button and pubic hair and tightening of abdominal muscles is also performed. Excessive skin is removed, belly button is repositioned, remainder of the skin is approximated and the incision is sutured. The surgeon will then turn you on your side, make incisions in your buttock and back area, remove fat and excess skin to try and normalize the curves and contours of your sides and back. Body Lift also involves Liposuction of the buttocks, thighs and abdomen areas. Lastly your surgeon will work on the flabby arms (commonly called bat wings) and make them shapely. As mentioned above, Liposuction, Power Assisted Liposculpture (PAL), Tummy Tuck, Thigh Lift, Arm Lift, Breast Reduction, Breast Augmentation, Breast Lift and Skin Grafting can all be performed at the same time, whatever your need may be.
What is the recovery period like following Body Lift?
You will spend the initial few hours after Body Lift in the recovery room under observation for immediate post-operative complications and to monitor your heart and lung functions. You will probably spend the next 3 – 5 days in the hospital. Immediately after the Body Lift surgery, you will be given a compression bandage (compression garment) to wear over areas where surgery was performed to reduce swelling and bleeding. The first couple of days after Body Lift can be quite painful and uncomfortable. Drains and tubes will be placed under your skin for 1 – 2 weeks to drain fluid, blood and fat. Despite the pain and discomfort, you should try and walk the very first evening after Body Lift surgery and your nurse will encourage you to increase your activity gradually but progressively. You will be able to resume your daily activities in about 4 – 5 weeks.
What is the outcome of Body Lift procedure?
Body Lift is a comprehensive procedure that can take care of flabby, bulges in different parts of your body. The best results are obtained when Body Lift is performed by skillful and experienced cosmetic surgeons. This procedure is as safe as multiple shorter cosmetic surgeries. The contours of your body will be better defined and if you commit yourself to exercising regularly and eating sensibly, chances are that the results of Body Lift will be good for the rest of your life.
Benefits of Body Lift
Body Lift is a revolutionary surgical procedure that quickly, safely and effectively re-shapes the normal contours of your body. Most people who undergo Body Lift are quite satisfied with the results. The procedure of Body Lift is unified approach to treat and skin laxity as a result of aging, pregnancy and dramatic weight loss. Body Lift is a remarkable procedure which can help you get started on the way to a new, more fulfilling life of normalcy and a level of self-esteem that you may have never imagined.
Risks of Body Lift
- Pain, swelling, redness
- Excessive bleeding
- Deep vein thrombosis, or blood clot formation in the legs -Pain and or swelling in your feet, calves, or legs, fatigue
- Pulmonary embolism – May be manifested by shortness of breath, chest pain, cough
- Alternatives to Body Lift
- Liposuction – Liposuction is commonly used in both men and women to remove localized excess fat deposits that are resistant to dieting and exercise.
- Power Assisted Liposculpture (PAL) – Power Assisted Liposculpture uses a powerized cannula which moves back and forth through the fat tissue in a rapid motion.
- Tummy Tuck – Tummy tuck , also known as Abdominoplasty or Panniculectomy is a procedure where large amount of skin and fat are removed from the middle and lower part of the abdomen.
- Thigh Lift – Thigh Lift is a procedure which is performed to remove loose and excessive (hanging) skin around your thighs and buttocks, thus to tighten them and improve it’s appearance and texture.
- Arm Lift – Brachioplasty or Arm Lift is a procedure where loose and excess skin are removed from your arm.
- Breast Reduction – Breast Reduction is a surgical procedure designed to remove excessive fat, glandular tissue, and skin from large and pendulous breasts, making them smaller, lighter, and firmer.
- Breast Augmentation – Breast Augmentation or Breast Implant Surgery is a surgical procedure in which the size and shape of a woman’s breast is enhanced by inserting an artificial breast implant behind each breast.
- Breast Lift – Breast Lift or Mastopexy is a surgical procedure which is commonly performed in men and in women to reshape sagging or drooping breasts and to give them a firm, youthful contour.
Skin Grafting – Skin grafting is a surgical procedure by which skin or a skin substitute is used to replace the damaged skin or provide a temporary wound covering.
For more information please visit www.medsurgeindia.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com you can also follow us at LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/edit?trk=hb_tab_pro_top Follow us on Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/MedSurgeIndia
Also visit our Travel division http://travelqshop.com/ and to see some exciting travel programs do visit our blog http://travelqshop.wordpress.com/
To get free no obligation quote kindly contact us at below, do add our BB Pin 24E4EC5B for Free advise
UK : +44-2033185974
USA/Canada(Toll Free): +1-855-773-3245
BB PIN: 24E4EC5B