What does Brow Lift surgery do?
It removes from the forehead the wrinkles that appear due to the aging process or due to repeated muscular contraction. It refreshes the look. It raises the eyebrows. The arch of the eyebrows may be modified in order to, for example, give them a more youthful and feminine look. Brow suspension surgery has a preventive effect if performed while the patient is still young. It consists in introducing special threads beneath the skin that will produce fibrosis in the sub dermal tissues. The threads and the fibrosis make up a structure that sustains the tissues of the area and delays the appearance of flaccidity. Performed together with eyelift surgery (Blepharoplasty), neck lift surgery and face lift surgery (rhytidectomy), it completely rejuvenates the face and neck.
What does Brow Lift surgery NOT do?
Even though it may tighten the upper eyelids a little, it is not indicated for correcting lax or hanging eyelids; if this is your problem, you should resort to Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery). It does not eliminate crow’s feet. How is a Brow Lift surgery performed? | Hide info Anesthesia Local anesthesia and complementary sedation, or general anesthesia.
Between 60 and 90 minutes.
What does brow lift surgery consist of?
There are many different techniques for performing brow lift surgery. The surgeon will tell you which one is better for you. They can be divided in two groups:
A) Techniques in which the tissues are separated from the frontal bone.
They are indicated for removing wrinkles and flaccidity from the whole forehead. The most important ones are coronal brow lift surgery; endoscopic brow lift surgery and temporal brow lift surgery.
- Coronal Brow Lift Surgery: This is the first developed technique and the one that has deeper and more lasting results. One of the most important drawbacks are the scars that remain behind the ears and the probable loss of sensibility on the scalp. The surgeon will perform an incision across upper part of the head that will extend from ear to ear, but the hair will conceal the resulting scar. The scalp and the skin of the forehead will be separated from the bone; the surgeon will be able to see the lax and stiff muscles clearly and will proceed freely. Due to the fact that the surgeon will have free access to the area, he will be able to perform a very selective job, he will be able to work on each muscle independently and give them the exact degree of tension that each of them need, avoiding a uniform tightening of all the area that would result in quite an artificial look.
- Endoscopic Brow Lift Surgery: It is very similar to the first procedure but the access to the muscular tissues is not accomplished by the coronal incision; instead, the surgeon makes 5 small incisions through which he will introduce an endoscope that enlarges the images and shows them on a screen. Thanks to this instrument and the rest of the special surgical instruments that are introduced through these incisions, the muscles can be tightened without having to completely expose them. Endoscopic brow lift surgery is usually associated with the suspension methods described further below.
- Temporal Brow Lift Surgery: Also known as mini face lift or lateral brow lift surgery. The surgeon makes a vertical incision on the temples behind the line of hair growth so that the resulting scar will be concealed. Through this incision he tightens the muscles of the temples, raising the eyebrow’s tails. This adds an exotic touch to the look and restores the eye’s freshness.
B) Brow Suspension Techniques
They are indicated for the local treatment of the eyebrows.
- Without ‘anchor’: A special surgical thread covered with small plastic spikes for better attachment is placed under the skin across the area that is going to be treated. This allows tightening of the tissues that determine the shape and location of the eyebrows. It is advisable to treat the area of the cheeks simultaneously with the same method to achieve better results.
- With ‘anchor’: A special surgical thread covered with small plastic spikes for better attachment is placed under the skin across the area that is going to be treated. In order to give the suspension more support, one of the ends of the thread is sutured to the muscle or fixed to the bone with a screw or another special surgical device. The ‘anchor’ is useful for treating the middle of the forehead where the muscles tend to be firmer and harder to raise than in the lateral areas, where the eyebrows finish.
If you undergo coronal brow lift surgery, you will have to stay hospitalized for one day. If you undergo endoscopic brow lift surgery, you will have to stay hospitalized for half a day. The other procedures are done on an outpatient basis.
Brow lift surgery will give your face a renewed and fresh look. You will look younger and relaxed. The newly acquired arch of the eyebrows on your smooth forehead will give you a very pleasant look.
For more information please visit www.medsurgeindia.com or email us at email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org you can also follow us at LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/edit?trk=hb_tab_pro_top Follow us on Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/MedSurgeIndia
Also visit our Travel division http://travelqshop.com/ and to see some exciting travel programs do visit our blog http://travelqshop.wordpress.com/
To get free no obligation quote kindly contact us at below, do add our BB Pin 24E4EC5B for Free advise
UK : +44-2033185974
USA/Canada(Toll Free): +1-855-773-3245
BB PIN: 24E4EC5B